Blog and Article
publish and manage articles, news, events, press releases, stories and editorials
About EasyDNNnews module
EasyDNNnews is a very powerful DotNetNuke module that enables non-technical users to publish and manage articles, news, press releases, stories and editorials. In addition to publishing text content, adding pictures to articles is easier than ever. In combination with the EasyDNNgallery and EasyDNNrotator modules, the EasyDNNnews becomes the ultimate publishing platform that easily manages your articles, images, video and audio content. EasyDNNnews can be used for blogs, news websites, product catalogs, or you can run a complex newspaper website.
- A new theme the NewsTwo in 5 styles (color schemes) (demo)
- A new free responsive skin NewsTwo in 5 styles (color schemes)
- The previously available 4 skins (BlogOne, BlogTwo Dark, BlogTwo Light and NewsOne) have been updated and now support social web sites and a responsive layout. The module now comes with altogether 5 responsive skins for free in various styles (color schemes). (demo)
- New themes (NewsTwo) for the Chameleon gallery (green, red, blue, grey, pink)
- Permissions for add/edit forms - It is now possible to set permissions according to roles and users for all elements in add/edit form for the addition of articles. This option allows for the composition of custom add/edit forms.
- A new satellite module EasyDNNnews Widgets - in 5.0 release there has been added a TreeView display, which allows for categories and articles to be displayed in the Treeview mode. This is a great tool for online help and similar catalogs.
- An advanced Search module. Items are now searchable within „“ and autocomplete functions.
- Improved Content localization – added a new option allows only for localized articles to be displayed. Another added option makes it possible for an article written in the default language to be removed from display. These options allow for various articles to be displayed for each particular language.
- Added HTML template for the Tag cloud module
- New tokens for HTML template
- Added an option to display documents in the List mode, in addition to the Details mode
- An article's display now depends on a set zone in DNN, rather than server's time
- An option to add Title & description for the main article image
- Enhanced speed of module performance, a multitude of improvements for a more stable and hassle-free work
- Import tool
- import from DNN Blog 4.x
- import from DNN Announcements
- Filtering of articles improvements
- it is now possible to make your own of list of articles to be displayed in the news module instance
- if only one article is selected, its details will be opened in the module's instance. This option allows us to use EasyDNNnews module as an HTML module.
- SEO improvements
- added Articles site map
- option to configure Article Page Meta title
- full SEO optimization for multilingual articles
- article URL is generated for each separate language, and it contains a localized article title
- option to localize meta description
- option to localize meta keywords
- localized category links
- localized tag links
- Events and Calendar improvements
- added Advanced calendar, able to display multiple articles or events for a single date. It enables display of events on a separate page in a large format calendar. It provides the option to export all events from the calendar (iCalendar), RSS feeds for events and articles, as well as a link to the list of events. (demo)
- newly added tooltips for Simple and Advanced calendar (demo)
- in Simple calendar, tooltips are displayed by moving the mouse over the desired date
- in Advanced calendar, tooltips are displayed by moving the mouse over the title
- tooltips feature the title, main article image, short description, publish / event date and event location
- option to withhold end date for events
- option to add event location by using the built-in Google map editor, with multiple locations available
- a new token to display event location in an article
- supported export of events into iCalendar format. By using this format now you can also import events into products that support iCalendar. iCalendar format is supported by a wide range of products, including Microsoft Office Outlook, Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, Yahoo Calendar and many others.
- RSS improvements
- added option to set the maximum number of characters in RSS
- option to set the number of articles available in an RSS feed
- added token for the RSS feed of an entire instance (articles from all categories)
- added option to generate an RSS feed for upcoming events
- added option to generate an RSS feed in Advanced calendar for articles and events
- Tags and Tag cloud improvements
- option to filter articles by tags. In an instance of the news module you can display only those articles that contain selected tags.
- tag cloud can now dynamically display tags from the currently selected category. In other words, while navigating through multiple categories, only the currently selected category's tags are displayed.
- Responsive design now supported
- added fluid layout for Lightbox gallery and Chameleon gallery used in an article
- themes are now fluid themes and they work with responsive skins
- due to fluid themes and galleries, EasyDNNnews can be used with responsive skins
- Other improvemenst
- newly added Open graph tags for an enhanced precision of social sharing
- added author alias (option to add an author alias for each article)
- option to switch Geotagging on and off in the built-in Google map editor
- user avatars displayed with the posted comment can be either a DNN profile image or an avatar from Gravatar service
- EasyDNNnews Search now searches articles by subtitles and tags
- Featured articles can now maintain their position on top, before any other articles
- improved display of articles in columns when HTML tables are used. Now the width of columns can be set, in addition to their number.
- Opening article details in an instance by category
- It is now possible to set which instance of the module will open article details, according to the article's category. For each category and subcategory it is possible to set a separate instance of EasyDNNnews module. This option is added to the main News module as well as Category menu modules.
EasyDNNnews supports DotNetNuke 4.06.02+, 5.x, 6.x and 7.0+
- DNN 4.6.2+
- DNN 5.x+
- DNN 6.x+
- DNN 7.0+
- MS SQL database
- MS SQL 2005
- MS SQL 2008
- MS SQL 2012
- MS SQL Azure database
Ease of Use
The ease of use and a positive user experience rank among our top priorities. All the aspects of module configuration and content management are available from the Dashboard. The quick access toolbar will allow you a fast approach to common tasks, such as adding an article.
Various Use Case Scenarios
EasyDNNnews can be used for a wide range of purposes. It excels in all its roles, with no weak points whatsoever. It can be used for blogs, articles, online magazines, press releases, FAQs, online tutorials, online user instructions, product catalogues, knowledge bases and many other purposes.
Template-driven Layout and Design
The layout and design are template-driven, with a full capability of configuration. The layout and design are edited by using tokens and CSS in the HTML template. Organize article list layout as well as the article layout according to your needs as well as the article itself according to your needs, then apply your own design to everything you have created.
Display your articles in a magazine style. The advanced HTML template system allows your articles to be displayed in multiple columns with a wide range of organization, including different sizes of images, headlines and text.
Do you wish to split a long article across several pages? Nothing is easier. In addition to that, the module will also create paging for an easy navigation between pages.
An article can also be published as an event. An event article can be displayed in a calendar, a special widget with upcoming events, or along with all other articles.
Article Display and Catalog Display mode
Articles can be displayed in a classic way (Article display), or in a Catalog display mode, which converts categories and articles into a product catalog.
Do you wish to attract attention to your important or favorite articles? Mark them as featured, and display them at the top of the list of other articles, or separately from other articles.
Advanced Media Management
Insert galleries into your articles. Adding images and video into articles and displaying a gallery above or below article content has never been easier. Depending on your needs, you can insert images or videos into the text, by means of a token and token editor, which will help you to easily set the desired image parameters, such as size, title and description.
Main Article Image
Simply add or choose an image to be used as the main article image. The main article image can be displayed as a lead article image, it can be used for creating thumbnails for the article list, or used by EasyDNNrotator module, if you wish to display your articles there.
Integration with EasyDNNgallery
EasyDNNgallery is one of the most popular DNN modules ever. Integrated with EasyDNNnews module, it brings you advanced multimedia options, such as using the Chameleon gallery along with nested galleries, an easily available gallery of frequently used images in articles, predefined themes, fixed or responsive gallery layout, an advanced administration of multimedia files (images, videos, mp3), etc.
Integration with EasyDNNrotator
Display your articles in attractive rotators, carousels or news tickers available by EasyDNNrotator modules. EasyDNNrotator automatically loads articles from EasyDNNnews module according to set criteria.
Professional Standard and Fluid (Responsive) Themes
The module comes with several modern CSS themes and styles, which will nicely fit in with each of your skins. Along with fixed themes, there are also fluid themes you can use with responsive skins. You can modify the available themes, or use them as templates for creating your own theme.
5 responsive professional DNN Skins for Free
Each buyer of EasyDNNnews module will get five modern, professionally encoded DNN skins. The skins can be found inside of the module’s zip package. The skins are related to themes accompanying the module.
Unlimited Instances and Filtering
Your portal can have an unlimited number of EasyDNNnews module instances. All the articles are available across the entire portal in all the instances. An advanced and user-friendly article filtering will allow you to display only the desired articles in a specific module instance. One of the applications is the display of several latest articles at your home page
Display Featured, Recent, Most popular articles...
Display the article list according to criteria such as Featured, Events, Recent, Most popular, Most commented, Best rated… You can also select articles for your own customized article list.
An unlimited number of categories and subcategories is supported. An article can be published in an unlimited number of categories and subcategories. The advanced category menu displays the number of articles. It is possible to assign an image and description to each category.
Let your users vote for their favorite articles and blogs.
Calendar and Archive
Published articles are listed in the calendar, and article leads can be displayed in the tooltip. Archived articles are organized by month and year.
EasyDNNnews has its own powerful comment system. Posting comments can be limited to specified DNN roles, such as registered users, or be available to anyone. Comments can be moderated, and moderators can be notified on freshly arrived comments. Other advanced features are also available, such as nested comments, Captcha support, Gravatar integration and DNN profile integration. In addition to your own comment system, you can also use Disqus comment system and Facebook comments.
Google Maps Integration
A built-in Google Maps editor allows adding Google maps into the articles. The supported Geolocation automatically positions the map on your current location.
Tagging your articles with keywords and phrases helps your articles to be better organized and easier to search. Search engines will index keyword tagged articles more easily. Key words can also be displayed in a tag cloud.
Insert documents into your articles directly from your computer with the uploader. Multiple document formats are supported.
You can share all your content through flexible RSS feeds. The feeds are generated for all the articles in an instance, for each category, for each author and each group of authors.
Import RSS feeds from external sources and display them as articles on your web site. Along with standard RSS feeds, YouTube and Vimeo feeds are also supported, so you can load an entire YouTube channel. The built-in scheduler automatically checks and loads articles at set intervals.
Cross Portal Sharing
Articles can be shared between multiple DNN portals within one DNN installation. You don't need to add the same article repeatedly. This is an especially useful feature if your web page has its mobile version.
Settings are organized by sections for ease of use. Settings can be applied for all instances of the module, or customized for each instance of the module separately. It is easy to combine global and custom settings.
Multi Authors & Groups of Authors (Teams)
Multiple authors can post and maintain their articles simultaneously. There is an author menu allowing the overview of all author's articles. Authors can additionally be organized into groups or teams. For each author and group of authors an RSS feed is generated.
Author’s Bio and Contact Info
Display author's biography in the article and allow contacting him or her via contact form. Add links to author's web page and social networks. You can also do that for a group of authors.
Very powerful permissions give you the full control of all content and users. You decide who can add articles and what categories they can be added to, who can see articles, which categories are visible, who can post comments, who can approve articles and comments, and a lot more. Permissions can be set by DNN roles or by individual users.
Permissions per article
Along with permissions valid for all categories and articles, it is also possible to set permissions valid for each individual article only.
A part of the article can be visible only to users in certain DNN roles (such as registered users), and other users can be presented with alternate content (such as "Register").
When multiple authors contribute to publishing articles, rules must be set as to which of them can publish the article, and where. If necessary, articles can be submitted to approval prior to their publishing. Administrators can be noted about new articles.
Old versions of articles are saved, and it is possible at any moment to recover an older version of the article.
Draft your article when you have time, and publish it upon completion.
Set the date and time for the article to become visible.
Notifications and Alerts
Note the administrators or moderators on the newly arrived articles or comments.
Social Sharing Buttons
Allow your readers to share your articles on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other popular social networks. The built-in social sharing buttons can be removed if you do not want them.
Automatic Social Posting
Get more traffic from social networks. Articles can be automatically posted on Facebook, Twitter and DNN Journal.
DNN Journal Integration
A true integration with new social features presented in DNN 6.2. Articles and events can be automatically published in user's Activity feed, and the module added to the Activity feed displays all user's articles and events. User can publish an article to its Activity feed or a social group. A module added at a social group's Activity feed displays all the articles or events of that social group.
You can search your articles with the build-in search. The search widget can search article titles, articles or tags. Searching can be limited to certain categories and authors.
DNN Search Integration
Published articles can be indexed by DNN Search, which makes them visible in search results along with other content available by DNN Search.
Search Engine Friendly (SEO)
All articles and other content (categories, tags, authors) are Search Engine Friendly (SEO). The article's title is automatically added into the article's URL. URL can also be adjusted independently of the article's title. For each article it is possible to add meta keywords and meta description. URL sitemap with all articles is generated automatically, ready to be submitted to search engines. Page title can also be adjusted. This is all true for articles localized in multiple languages as well. All links in EasyDNNnews are generated via DNN Friendly URL Provider, and compatible with most 3rd party URL rewriter modules.
Do you have a multilingual web site? Articles can be published in multiple languages. It is possible to localize articles, image descriptions in galleries, categories, tags, meta keywords and meta description. The article's URL is generated according to the article's title for each language separately.
Static Content and Interface Localization
All the elements of an article or EasyDNNnews module's interface can be localized to a desired language.
Satellite Modules (Widgets)
In addition to the main news module, several satellite modules are available for easier organization of content and enhanced flexibility. They include Calendar module, Categories menu module, TagCloud module and Search module. All of these modules are a standard part of EasyDNNnews module package, and you don't need to buy them separately.
Microsoft Azure & DNN 7 Compatible
EasyDNNnews is always up to date with latest technologies and DotNetNuke's versions. EasyDNNnews works on DotNetNuke installations hosted on MS Azure cloud platform. Support for older versions of DotNetNuke is available down to 4.6 version.
||1 DNN portal
||Unlimited portals within 1 DNN installation
||Unlimited installations and portals
(free updates and new versions)
||Unlimited Email support
|Unlimited Email support
||Unlimited Email support
Our other modules
The most popular DNN gallery for a long time now. This gallery is user friendly, so it is easy to use even for less experienced users, such as clients you design web pages for. It provides you with 18 quality displays with lots of themes and numerous options for configuration. It displays images, video and audio content (mp3). It has recently been enhanced with social features, as well as integrated with DNN journal. Some displays support responsive design. It integrates easily with EasyDNNnews module.
An excellent image and video slider module. Currently it comes with five top presentations that will perfectly merge with your web pages. We would like to point out Chameleon rotator with its numerous possibilities of adjustment, and MultiCarousel, a powerful carousel with multi row content. Both of these displays support responsive design. EasyDNNrotator integrates with EasyDNNnews module, automatically loads its articles and displays them attractively.
This module enables the integration of your DNN portal with MailChimp.com – the popular newsletter sending service. Its main characteristics are synchronization of registered DNN users and a list role at MailChimp.com, forms for newsletter subscription that you can use on your web pages, CSS themes for form s, an option to send a newsletter directly from the module, an archive of sent newsletters, etc.
A simple module that will enable you to detect visitors approaching your web sites via mobile devices, and redirect them to mobile-friendly pages. This module recognizes various mobile devices and tablets, and redirection can be set up for each individual device. Visitors can be unconditionally redirected to mobile web pages, or they can be given a freedom of choice.